Here are the 5 oldest captains in the history of the Indian Premier League:
5) Anil Kumble (39 years and 342 days)
Anil Kumble was appointed as RCB captain in the inaugural edition of the IPL.
However, he resigned from the position in 2010.
4) Rahul Dravid (40 years and 268 days)
Rahul Dravid was appointed as Rajasthan Royals captain in 2012.
He last managed the team in 2013 before retiring from all forms of cricket.
3) Shane Warne (41 years 249 days)
The Australian legend was the first captain of the Rajasthan Royals.
Warne served as team captain until 2011.
2) Adam Gilchrist (41 years 185 days)
Kings XI Punjab appointed Adam Gilchrist as their leader for the 2011 IPL season.
The goalkeeper-batsman retired from the league in 2013.
1) MS Dhoni (41 years, 9 months and 1 day)
MS Dhoni has been the captain of CSK since the inception of the IPL.
He still leads the Chennai-based franchise in the 16th edition of the league.